These Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins are the perfect way to use up any zucchini you have hanging out in your kitchen. I don’t know about you, but I always seem to have loads of them in my home during the summertime. They seem to be one of those vegetables that grow very plentiful no matter the climate, which is perfectly fine with me because I love using them! Since they are so abundant, it makes them very inexpensive, and they are beautiful in many dishes! I used to make zucchini bread instead of muffins, but I like how easy it is to mix up a batch of these. Also, they contain less sugar than regular zucchini bread!
Personally, there is something very nostalgic about the smell of zucchini bread. I think it has to do with the cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. It has a distinct Christmasy smell to it. Of course, who doesn’t love the thought of Christmas? It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I promise your home is going to smell amazing if you decide to bake these up!
Zucchini Facts and Nutrition
Did you know that one small zucchini only contains about 20 K-calories? They provide 32 percent of your daily vitamin C needs and are a good source of vitamin B6! It’s such a lovely ingredient to add to dishes for extra volume and added nutrients. Zucchini is underrated, in my opinion. So, please don’t forget to take advantage of them when they’re in season!
Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins Ingredients
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Turbinado sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Fine sea salt
- Grated zucchini
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
You’ll find in this recipe that I use Turbinado Sugar. I chose this sweetener because it has a slight molasses flavor, and it’s a healthier option than white sugar. The crystals are slightly larger than brown sugar or white sugar because it is minimally processed! So, I mainly use it in my baked goods such as muffins, bread, and cookies. If you’re interested in trying it in this recipe, check out this link to the brand that I buy on Amazon!
You can easily customize this recipe for certain dietary needs! If you need a nut-allergy friendly version, you can swap out the almond milk for coconut milk or oat milk! Also, for anyone that is gluten-free, you can replace the flours for Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Blend. I have used it many times in my muffins, and it works well as a replacement!
Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins
- 2 Large mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Muffin Tin
- 1 Cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup Turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated zucchini 1 small zucchini
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Grate the zucchini, and add it to a bowl. Then add the almond milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Combine everything with a spatula.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until it's smooth.
- Grease a muffin tin with baking spray or line it with paper liners.
- Fill the muffin tin equally, about 2/3 of the way full each.
- Bake the muffins in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center, and if it should come out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack or large plate.