These Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Muffins are super easy to put together and are a simple healthy dinner. Plus, who doesn’t love bite-sized food? I usually pair them with roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, or my whole wheat dinner rolls. Protein, carbs, and veggies make a perfectly balanced meal.
For two of these meatloaf muffins, it’s about 19grams of protein and only 180 Kcalories! They are packed with vegetables to add extra nutrients and flavor. However, the veggies are somewhat hard to spot by looking at them. So, if you have kids that don’t enjoy vegetables, it would be an easy way to sneak them into their diets!
Often, I will make a batch of these and keep them in the fridge for lunches. They’re convenient food to grab for a meal or just a quick snack. They have protein and carbs to keep you fueled throughout your day! If you’re someone that forgets to pack lunch for work, you should make a batch of these at the beginning of the week. Meal prep makes healthy eating so much easier!
Ground Turkey Vs. Beef
I love swapping out ground beef for ground turkey because it’s a much leaner meat, is cheaper, and has fewer calories. Honestly, I can’t even tell the difference in most of the meals that I make. You can use turkey in your tacos, spaghetti, meatloaf, and burgers. It’s endless what you can do. If you’re looking to lose weight, or just cut down on fat and calories, try switching beef to turkey. I used to think that ground turkey was bland, tasteless, and not very tasty. I remember eating turkey meatloaf as a kid, and the only way I could stomach it was dousing it in ranch. However, now that I’ve experimented with it, I prefer it over beef.
I buy Aldi’s Brand of ground turkey often because it very inexpensive and always works great for me! It comes in the freezer section, which is convenient because I can store it in my freezer easily until I’m ready to use it. You can order it from Instacart if you prefer grocery shopping online!
Check out my Muffin recipe page for some healthy snack options for your week!
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- Large bowl
- Large Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Muffin Tin
- 1 Lb Ground turkey
- 1/2 Cup Italian seasoned panko
- 1/2 Large Onion
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Granulated garlic
- 3/4 tsp Hot sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 Cup Low sugar barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice the onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic cloves, and grate the carrot.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients except for the barbecue sauce. Mix with a spoon or by hand to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill the muffin tin with meat mixture, 3/4 of the way full each.
- With a spoon equally, distribute the barbecue sauce on top of each meatloaf muffin.
- Bake the meatloaves in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the center is cooked through. Insert a knife into the center and check the color. They shouldn't look pink at all.
- Let the meatloaves cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then serve on a plate. Or store them in the fridge for later.