These Healthy Apple Oatmeal Cookies are a wonderful low-calorie treat! They’re full of oatmeal, apples, and cinnamon! They make for a delicious snack that curbs your sweet tooth while not being too sugary. They’re awesome for breakfast, a quick on the go snack, or anytime! You can’t go wrong with cookies that are not only tasty but healthy too!
I love experimenting with creating healthier versions of cookies because I have a big sweet tooth, but I wouldn’t say I like to eat sugary sweet all of the time. Fruits are excellent to get your sugar craving down, but healthy cookies are even better! I’ve been making Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and these apple cookies a lot recently because they are easy to put together and taste so good! These Apple Cookies are a great way to get some fiber in your diet because of the oatmeal, apples, and whole wheat flour. The fiber in our diets is essential for gut health and to keep our digestion moving usually. Why not get your fiber with cookies?!
Healthy Apple Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients
For these cookies, you are going to need these essential ingredients.
- Quick oats
- Whole wheat flour
- Turbinado sugar
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Fine sea salt
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
If you have any allergies or aversions to gluten, nuts, or are cutting out sugar, you can customize this recipe to your needs! For a gluten-free version, you can swap the whole wheat flour with gluten-free baking flour and quick oats with gluten-free oats. If you have a nut allergy, you can use coconut milk or oat milk in place of almond milk. If you’re avoiding any processed sugar, you can replace it with xylitol or swerve. All of these are quick substitutions that will still make for a great tasting cookie!
Healthy Recipe Updates
If you’re interested in staying updated with new healthy recipes, meal plans, and nutrition tips, you can subscribe to my newsletter here! If you have any requests for meal-plans or healthy recipes for me to post, please feel free to contact me!
Healthy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 Medium mixing bowls
- Apple peeler
- Measuring Cups
- Large baking sheet
- 1 1/4 Cups Oatmeal quick oats
- 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/3 Cup Turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Large Apple peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, spices, salt, and turbinado sugar. Use a spatula to combine the ingredients.
- Peel and grate the apple and add it to another mixing bowl. Add melted coconut oil, vanilla, and almond milk to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula or by hand to incorporate everything.
- Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons or with a cookie scoop onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the cookies into round circles and sprinkle them with additional cinnamon.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the sheet then remove to a wire rack or plate to finish cooling.