This One-Pot Vegan Chili Mac is an easy and healthy meal that takes no time at all! It’s great for a meatless Monday or any night of the week! It has lots of nutrients from the peppers, onions, and garlic. Plus, it’s full of protein from the black beans and chickpea pasta! The combo of chili and macaroni makes for an utterly delicious meal.
This chili mac is awesome for so many reasons! It has so much flavor from the sauteed veggies and the seasonings that you will not be bored by the taste! It’s dairy-free, meat-free, and gluten-free! It’s even better that you can’t even tell that it’s made with protein pasta and has no meat in it!
I love one-pot meals, like this One-Pot Vegan Chili Mac and my One-Pot Greek Pasta. They’re super convenient and barely make any mess! The fewer dishes, the better, in my opinion. I have made this recipe in the past, but I never wrote down the ingredients. I just added the ingredients to the pot and hoped for the best. But this time I wrote everything down and had to share the recipe because it’s so good! This recipe uses all staple pantry ingredients, including black beans, tomato paste, pasta, and vegetable broth. It has common seasonings, such as chili powder, sea salt, cumin, paprika, and black pepper. It also has veggies in it that I always have on hand, like onions, garlic, and peppers.
The most recent product that I love is Banza Chickpea Pasta! I found out about it from one of my Purple Carrot deliveries, and I’ve been loving it since. It’s gluten-free, has 23grams of protein per serving, and tastes just like regular pasta! It may be harder to find in the stores but I usually buy mine here on Amazon.
If you can’t find chickpea pasta or prefer to use whole wheat pasta, you can easily substitute. Also, almond milk can be replaced with coconut milk or 2% milk to make it nut-free. If you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can tone down the chili powder by a tsp, and it will still be flavorful! However, if you have a specific gluten intolerance, I recommend buying a gluten-free certified chili powder because some brands do have gluten in them. You can get a gluten-free brand here!
One-Pot Vegan Chili Mac
- Cutting board
- Large kitchen knife
- Large pot with lid
- 1 Large Red onion
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1/2 Yellow pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Small Roma tomato
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 14 oz Can Black beans
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 8 oz Chickpea Elbow noodles Banza brand
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Green onions
- 1/4 cup Vegan cheddar cheese Follow Your Heart brand
- Diced the veggies and set aside the green onions and garlic. Spray a pot with non-stick cooking spray and add the veggies. Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and saute for 2 more minutes
- Add the pepper, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and tomato paste to the pot.
- Add the black beans and chickpea pasta to the pot and stir with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the almond milk and veggie broth into the pot and bring to a low simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes on low heat, or until the noodles are tender.
- Add the vegan cheese and combine with a spatula. Remove the pot from the heat and garnish with the green onions.
- Serve immediately or let the pasta cool completely and store for later.