These Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Muffins are a healthy yet decadent treat! The combination of chocolate and coffee pair perfectly and create a deep rich flavor! They are great in the morning with a cup of coffee! Or any time of the day! Anyone that likes chocolate and coffee will enjoy these easy to make muffins.
I don’t know if you can tell or not, but I’m a fan of coffee. You probably can, seeing as my blog name is Coffee Fit Kitchen. When I say fan, I mean I turn into a little monster if I don’t have my morning cup of joe. My husband knows that if we’re going on a trip somewhere, he has to plan coffee pit stops and make sure it is assessable at our destination. I’m also a little bit of a coffee snob. I can’t just drink any brand of coffee unless I absolutely have to. Honestly, I think that instant coffee is disgusting. So, when I ordered instant coffee for these muffins, I couldn’t believe that I had bought it. I told my husband that I did something I would never do. “Buy instant coffee.” However, the coffee and chocolate combo in these muffins helps get an extra coffee fix for the day!
I fully admit that I am obsessed with coffee, and I don’t mind in the slightest! Because It has health benefits and makes me happy! I’m sure a lot of you can relate to my coffee addiction. So, I feel comforted in knowing I am not alone.
Cappuccino Muffin Ingredients
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Whole wheat flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Instant coffee
- Baking powder
- Fine sea salt
- Turbinado sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Coconut oil
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
The thing I love about these Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Muffins is that they are healthy in addition to being tasty! The ingredients include whole-wheat flour, turbinado sugar, unsweetened almond milk, and coconut oil. Not to mention the fact that cocoa and coffee are both loaded with antioxidants! Overall, these muffins make a great snack for any occasion, especially if you’re as much a fan of coffee like me!
Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 Large mixing bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Muffin Tin
- 1 Cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Instant coffee
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/2 Cup Turbinado sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/3 Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flours, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the egg, vanilla, almond milk, and melted coconut oil. Whisk until ingredients are combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a spatula. Now, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a measuring cup, pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin, about 2/3 of the way full each.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven for 14-16 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean they are done.
- Remove muffins from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and finish cooling on a wire rack or plate.