These Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins will make you feel the comfort of Fall! The warm spices, coffee, and pumpkin marry together to create a lovely Fall snack. These muffins would be fantastic for a Halloween party, Thanksgiving, or any Fall day!
This recipe was officially my first pumpkin recipe of the season. My husband insisted that it was too early to make pumpkin recipes, but I told him it’s never too early! I know pumpkin spice muffins sound like the most basic white girl recipe, but I don’t even care! I’m proud of the fact that I love the flavors of coffee and pumpkin. It’s delicious and brings joy to so many people! So, enjoy that pumpkin spice latte or anything pumpkin spice for that matter! It’s that time of year!
Pumpkin Health Benefits
So, besides the fact that anything pumpkin flavored is delicious, pumpkin is really good for you! It’s high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. It’s loaded with antioxidants, which can reduce the risk of cancer. It also can help reduce the risk of chronic disease, promotes skin health, and it’s super low in calories! This Pumpkin article shows all the details!
I’m sure you will love these Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins! They are so easy to make and are an awesome healthy snack! They only have about 112 K-Calories each! I think I’ll choose these muffins over a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte for my pumpkin fix….I’m still going to Starbucks for my coffee fix though.
These muffins just take a few essential pantry ingredients and some canned pumpkin! I use whole wheat flour, turbinado sugar, and coconut oil, which may not be as standard, but you can easily substitute! Also, you can make these muffins gluten-free by substituting whole wheat flour with gluten-free baking flour. If you’re allergic to nuts, the almond milk can be switched out for coconut milk to make it the muffins nut-free! These muffins are totally customizable!
If you want to try more Fall recipes, you should check out my Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins! They are another great Fall-themed snack that is quick and easy to make!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 2 Large mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Muffin Tin
- 1 Cup Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup Canned pumpkin
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/2 tsp Instant coffee
- 1/2 Cup Turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, instant coffee, salt, and turbinado sugar. Whisk together to combine.
- Add the pumpkin, almond milk, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla to the bowl and mix them with a spatula
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until they are combined.
- Fill the muffin tin equally, about 2/3 of the way full each. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven for 14-16 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean they are done
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then remove and place on a wire rack or large plate to finish cooling.
- The recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins.
- The muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months: Place in two zip-top bags and seal shut. Then defrost them on the counter when you’re ready to eat them.
- Keep the muffins in a plastic container or plastic bag on the counter for 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to 5.