Easy One-Pot Greek Turkey Pasta is a healthy comfort food dish! It is well balanced with protein, lots of vegetables, and fiber-filled pasta! You will feel full and satisfied after one serving, but you’ll want to go back for more!
This recipe is a great dish to use for meal-prepping! You can easily make a batch and store it in containers for later in the week. It will last in the fridge for a few days and can quickly be warmed up. When I make this meal, I make enough for six people, even though it’s just my husband and me. I just put the leftovers in zip-top containers and use them for lunches the following days of the week. Super easy and convenient! It is also very inexpensive to make!
Vitamins and Veggies
Easy One-Pot Greek Turkey Pasta is full of vegetables, and the health benefits of vegetables are endless! Onions and green peppers are both high in Vitamin C. Artichokes are rich in potassium, magnesium and are known to reduce cholesterol levels. Tomatoes are high in Vitamin C, folate, and Vitamin K. One medium green onion provides 34 percent of your daily Vitamin K needs! Vitamin K is necessary for our bone health and normal blood function. So, all of these vegetables are pretty amazing if you ask me!
If there are any ingredients that you do not like in this recipe, you can replace them with something else or leave them out altogether. Also, if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, that is ok too! I know a lot of people haven’t heard of Ground Sumac, which is a seasoning I used in this dish. Sumac is a spice used widely in Mediterranean cooking, that has a citrusy taste similar to lemon. I enjoy cooking with it, so if you’re interested in buying it, here is the product I get on Amazon https://amzn.to/3m9ldHf.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you’re looking for another way to use ground turkey, check out my Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Muffins!
Easy One-Pot Greek Turkey Pasta
- Cutting board
- Large kitchen knife
- One large stove pot with lid
- Large kitchen spoon
- 1 lb Ground turkey
- 1/2 Large Red onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Grape tomatoes Sliced in half
- 4 Cloves Garlic diced
- 2 Green onions diced
- 1/2 Green pepper
- 1 Cup Canned artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp Roasted red peppers
- 2 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground sumac or a 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp Dried dill
- 1/2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Canned artichoke liquid
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3 Cups Chicken broth
- 12 oz Whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2 Tbsp Feta cheese
- Slice and dice all of the vegetables. Set aside one sliced green onion as a topping when served.
- Heat a large stove pot over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ground turkey and break it up with a spoon. Then add the veggies, and cook everything until the meat is browned and veggies are tender.
- Add the vinegar, salt, pepper, dill, rosemary, and sumac to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Mix the canned artichoke liquid, almond milk, and chicken broth to the pot.
- Stir in the uncooked whole wheat pasta, and cook it on medium heat until it reaches a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and cover the pot. Cook for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and mix in the feta cheese. Serve immediately, topped with green onions, or store in the fridge for later.